To participate in society, migrants must be language proficient. In learning the language of their new home country, they are often supported by local volunteers. The VIME project has provided better understanding of the roles of these language volunteers and offers practical guides and insights. As Dutch project partner, we gladly offer support on implementing the VIME tools to any organization wishing to improve the quality of the language education support provided by volunteers.
Who are we?
We at Het Begint met Taal believe society improves when all migrants and refugees can participate. In order to support their children, find employment and be active in their local communities, migrants must be able to speak the language of their new home country. We therefore support 160 volunteer organizations on 250 locations nationwide with a wide array of products and services relating to language volunteers and second language education:
- we promote the expertise of language volunteers and coordinators through training, webinars and e-learning
- we offer practical tools and develop innovative methods
- we build on the experience of our partner organizations and facilitate national roll-out of local successes
- we help partner organizations start up and/or grow through advice and tools
- we raise awareness of the importance of language volunteers through national communication campaigns
- we participate in various networks, lobby and influence policy
What can we do for you?
As VIME project partner, we can support you in using the model, guides and tools as provided on the website languagevolunteers.com in your local situation. In addition, we would happily discuss with you the applicability of other tools and methods we have developed based on more than 40 years of Dutch experience with language volunteers.
Interested in cooperation?
Please contact Sylvia de Groot Heupner, Director to talk about your specific needs and opportunities regarding volunteers in migrant language education.
Contactdetails: phone: +31.6.1900.3176 or email email@example.com